Hurricane Ian Shelter Update
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
As we prepare for Hurricane Ian’s arrival, the shelter will close to the public at 4 p.m. today, Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022. If you finish your own preparations and you have spare sand bags or water, we would very much appreciate the donation before 4 p.m.!
- Shelter closure: We expect to be closed through Thursday this week and will assess our ability to open on Friday. Please bear with us as we navigate the uncertainty of the week.
- Volunteers: if you were signed up for a shift today (Tuesday) you are welcome to come before 4 p.m. to help as we prep the shelter for the storm, but please prioritize preparations with your own homes and families! We will be closed to volunteers Wednesday and Thursday; Friday is uncertain at this time. Please keep an eye on your email, our website and our social media for updates.
- Fosters: for those of you who are sheltering at home with your fosters, today (Tuesday) until 4 p.m. is the last day to pick up supplies for your foster pets. Please check your email and the foster Facebook group for updates from Kelly.
- Pinellas Cats Alive! return to field: intake remains closed for the remainder of the week. Please monitor our website and social media for program updates.
- Community cat caregivers: the following link provides some great tips on helping free-roaming cats during the storm. Remember they are very resourceful!
The shelter is not in an evacuation zone, so all of our pets will be safe at the shelter and will be cared for by our staff.
We will keep you updated as the week progresses. Stay safe! Thank you everyone!