Full Time Animal Care Specialist
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Applications are currently being accepted.
If you have a passion for animals, and want to be a part of a dedicated, hardworking team a career at Friends of Strays could be right for you! You can make a real difference for stray animals.
As an Animal Care Staff Member, you will be required to follow standard procedures and policies for routine animal care and other related duties. You will work closely with the medical and adoptions teams as well as shelter volunteers to ensure a healthy, enjoyable and stress-free environment for all of the animals in our care. Some of the basic duties are as follows:
- Cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining kennels.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and reporting any needs to Shelter Director.
- Organizing shelter to maintain an appropriate environment for animals and adopters.
- Working with shelter animals on socialization, basic training or behavior needs.
- Assisting medical, adoptions and community outreach teams when asked.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure the best care for our animals.
- Other functions or duties:
- Working as a team with FOS staff and volunteers.
- Assisting in training of new staff and volunteers
- Keeping work area neat and clean
- Participating in Staff meetings and training sessions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in customer service or animal care position
- Animal handling experience
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
Reliability & Consistency are a must. As a nonprofit shelter, we are a tight knit organization with limited staff and rely on each employee to be present when they are scheduled. With that being said, hard work & accountability are routinely recognized and celebrated.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $8.50 to $9.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Paid time off
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins