Full Time Animal Care Specialist
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Animal Care follows the standard procedures and policies for routine animal care and other related duties at Friends of Strays Animal Shelter. Animal Care/Facilities Specialists are not limited to the animal care department but assist with all shelter needs this includes Medical, Intake, Foster
• Cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining kennels.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and reports any needs to Shelter Director.
• Organizes shelter to maintain an appropriate environment for shelter supporters.
• Works with shelter animals on socialization, basic training or behavior needs.
• Assists medical, adoptions and community outreach teams when asked.
• Follows policies and procedures to ensure the best care for our animals.
• Alert the medical team to any animal related concerns.
• File, organize and provide administrative support when asked.
• Work as a team with FOS staff and volunteers.
• Assist in training of new staff and volunteers
• Keep work area neat and clean
• Participate in Staff meetings and training sessions.
• Professional Development
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge or willingness to learn and apply basic methods and procedures of kennel cleaning.
• Animal Handling experience and Customer service experience preferred.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy workplace environment.
• Requires working alone or with minimal supervision, must be self-motivated.
• Requires patience and tact when working with difficult, emotional or angry people.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.